Lilypie

Lilypie

Monday, August 24, 2009

Waffling

I suppose now is a good time to post why I chose Ethiopia. Because I am a single woman, I am a little restricted as to the countries that would accept me. I did the research and decided Ethiopia was for me. I have planned on adopting since I was very little and have discussed this with my immediate family since I was ~6 years old (according to my mom) and a lot since then. Way back when I was little I was always drawn to Africa. I always imagined adopting little black girls from there. Ethiopia is also a relatively stable program and the children relatively healthy. Since I want to adopt siblings as a single woman this means that the children I can accept have to be relatively healthy, as I probably do not have the resources to handle significant mental or physical problems. So why the title waffling? Well the increasing timelines have me questioning this. With wait times approaching 3 years, after the paper work reaches Ethiopia, I'm starting to wonder. But I still am not ready to give up on my dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment