Lilypie

Lilypie

Monday, August 31, 2009

Decisions, decisions

Well, I haven't decided what I'm doing yet but have narrowed it down a bit. I am now between continuing my journey to Ethiopia or going with an adoption in the United States. I had mostly decided on the states today until I called the agency in the states to get a few questions answered and was told they were not accepting single applicants any longer. I kind of was dumbfounded, since here in BC you can't be turned down on the base of 'singleness'. So I re-talked to the social worker at The adoption Centre. She said she would check with a co-worker on if any other agencies in the US are working with Canada. So until that happens, I'm still into the air. The only reason the States looks interesting (still need a few questions asked) is I was told the wait would likely be less than Ethiopia, the cost the same and I would be getting an infant (pretty precious). I was also told that CAFAC was going to stop taking applicants as of Sept 1 and start a wait list since their program is at capacity. HO HUM . . . what to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment