Lilypie

Lilypie

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Dreams Dashed

Humm, how to address this post. I received a call from The Adoption Centre on Wednesday. I was told by the social worker that as a single woman Ethiopia would not allow me to adopt more than one child at a time. :( I'll admit to being quite mad about this. I think if this is the case it should have been spelled out on clearly in the documents pertaining to adoption from Ethiopia. But it is a bit of a moot point anyways as I was also told that the ages that I was requesting were unrealistic and that they get very few sibling groups as close in age as I have requested and have only had one set of twins in the last year that would fall in that age range, most siblings they say fall into 0-5 years range. So I have until Monday to decide what my new options are and am re-evaluating. I'll post after I've decided what I'm going to do now.

No comments:

Post a Comment