Lilypie

Lilypie

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Rollercoaster

So it's been a crazy rollercoaster ride! I received the social and medical history yesterday and not giving anything personal away, everything looked good. I wanted a bit more info on a few things but nothing that would stop me from accepting the proposal. I shared this info with my parents since at this point, I thought I was a bit biased (to say the least!) and a second pair of eyes would be good. They both agreed nothing scary was in the histories. So I asked my questions and accepted the proposal today. Have to get yet another criminal records check done, home study update and prior contact check with ministry of children and families. So everything was looking up I was just waiting for the financials (and still am...bit nervous about that) and i was beginning to think things were good. Then the agency in Nevada mentioned that because the birth father was unknown it would take 4 months to terminate his parental rights (which we had already covered) and that I could NOT take the baby to Canada until then. So I was a bit shocked to say the least. She said she had to double check with the Hague process, etc but she didn't think it was possible. I said that was a BIG problem. She asked if I could relocate to Nevada for 4 months! I said I didn't think so. Then I had a minor heart attack and called my agency in BC, who reassured me that Hague doesn't stop me from taking the baby to BC, only a state law would. So just waiting back to hear if there is any state law prohibiting bringing the baby to Canada before the birthfathers rights are terminated. I certainly hope not or I think I'm going to have to turn down this proposal and I reallllllly don't want to do that.

2 comments:

  1. I hope everything works out. Seems there is always a roadblock to worry about but I think this one will work out ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kendra, pretty sure it will too

    ReplyDelete