Lilypie

Lilypie

Monday, July 20, 2009

What I'm up to now

On my last visit with the social worker we discussed education, religion and my family. Apparently my social worker has an issue with my level of intelligence and love of learning. She has requested that I read a book on learning disabilities. She worries that because apparently I am "so smart" that I will have trouble parenting a child that is not as intelligent as me. I totally disagree as many in my family were not acedemically inclined and I have tutored in the past. In particular the social worker thinks I will have trouble if the children 'lack motivation' when it comes to school work. Personally I think 80% of parents would have a bit of trouble if their children lack motivation. But since this is the social worker that gets to decide if I get to be a parent I have checked out a book called "Your struggling child" and will see what I can learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment