Lilypie

Lilypie

Friday, March 12, 2010

sad and mad and a warning

Well up to this point in my adoption journey I had thought things had gone really well. A few ups and downs, but everyone has those right?? We'll I guess I can now sympatize with the other blogs I follow where people occasionally post that they are blue. I have been blue and crying too now. With all my documents lost and my bank draft for $6500 US dollars being lost that certainly did it. My documents were found, but my bank draft is still lost. On Feb 17th it was mailed to me from Utah in REGULAR mail. So in my opinion they are completely stupid. So when it wasn't in the mail today I went to my bank to attempt to cancel it. Here is the warning part, you can't cancel a bank draft and they have no expiration date, unlike regular cheques. So while I could report it lost and the money was put back in my account, if any one finds it and cashes it they will remove the money from my account. So I certainly at this point can't use that money. I'm going to yell at them on Monday and tell them it is their fault but I'm not sure if it will get me anywhere.

2 comments:

  1. That is awful!!! Who mails money without a tracking #???? I hope it turns up in your mailbox soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kendra, I certainly hope it turns up soon.

    ReplyDelete